- You submit an online application for the exam to PMI.
- PMI reviews your application and if it is determined to be complete, PMI will send you an email to submit the exam fee. Your application approval is valid for one-year from the date you receive the approval email.
- After you pay for the exam, PMI will send you an email indicating one of the following next steps:
- Examination scheduling instructions to help you schedule your examination
- Application has randomly been selected for PMI's audit process
- If you receive exam scheduling instructions, you can go ahead and schedule your exam with Prometric.
- If your application is selected for an audit, PMI will provide you the follow-up instructions to comply with the audit.
Note: If your application is selected for an audit, your one-year eligibility clock stops, and would restart only when you successfully clear the audit.
Tip: Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before submitting your application. Also, fill your application form honestly and truthfully. If you follow these guidelines, you would have nothing to fear from the audit.